Saturday, October 15, 2011

Panacea

So I've been talking about my MICC entry for some time... and haven't shown anything from it yet. Mostly because I've been so busy with the content creation, but I finally wanted to show you guys some sketches from it. It's called Panacea, and you'll understand why after you've read it... haha...

It's about "mermaid-monsters" and a village on a small island on the ocean with a secret.
I'm almost 3/4 of the way done with it... behind schedule but I know I'll be able to get it in on time.


the main character-Kanna is the little girl in the front. She looks a little older in this sketch than what she turned out looking like in the comic, she's about 11 or 12. The white haired bishonen guy is the 2nd main character.

The kids at Campfire(before and after school program where I work) got ahold of my sketchbook one day and when they saw these thought the bishonen guy was a girl, when they said that I knew I was right on the mark. I usually don't draw "pretty" guys, I was actually worried about making him look right but it turns out I had nothing to worry about. Haha!

Panacea Sketch Comp 2
These are earlier sketches when the story was about 2 sisters. After going through edits and reviews the younger sister got cut and Kanna's age got reduced, originally she was around 16 or 17. I was messing around with style too, I had been thinking about doing a more simplified character style... but... that didn't end up happening.

Tomorrow I'll be posting a few pages as a preview, so make sure you check back!

No comments: