Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Karin Sketches

If you've only just discovered Transpose Operator recently, you may notice that the main character does not have a name yet. However if you've been watching my blog or were from the Comicfury site you may notice that I've let it slip once... or twice... that her name is Karin. "OMG SPOILERS!!!" you may say, however It's not that big a deal, she gets her name in chapter 2, as you'll soon find out.

I've been drawing Karin for years and her design has changed slowly, more stylistically than any particular elements of her design. The sketch page below has a few examples of the older style and the newer style.



It's kinda interesting to see the progression. I've had a hard time in the past making Karin look her age, and in some of the beginning pages she looks more like a teenager than a young woman in her 20's, which is one of the reasons that lead me to re-do a lot of the pages. Then again maybe that's just me.

Also- points for anyone who gets the Persona reference among these sketches.

I plan to get myself on the schedule of posting a new image to the blog every Wednesday, this post will be the first of many to come. I'm trying to get into the habit of producing more art on a schedule, and this is the start of it.
See you next Wednesday!

No comments: