Thursday, June 24, 2010

TransOp The Mysterious Girl



If you're all caught up on Transpose Operator then these should look vaguely familiar to you. these are the process concept sketches that I went through when coming up with the design for the mysterious girl that shows up at the end of the 1st chapter surrounded by monsters. At the bottom you can see what my final designs are and the colors for her. As you can see, she went through a lot of very different designs before arriving at this final one.
I wanted her to be a very startling looking character, so when most of the backgrounds and atmosphere is very dark, her white outfit with red highlight certainly makes her something that draws the eye. It kinda makes me wish I did this comic in color though as that red would REALLY stand out.
No comment on who or what she is though-"that's a secret!"

No comments: